Thank you to everybody who participated in our 2023 Summer Learning Program! It was our biggest year yet. Please check back in June 2024 for updates.
In-Person Programs – All programs take place at the library unless otherwise noted. Please check back for updates to locations for some of the larger events.
- Students are not required to attend in-person programs or participate in the grab-and-go activities. The only requirement is that students track how many hours and total books they read between July 5 and August 12.
- What counts? Books, audiobooks, and graphic novels all count towards your goal! For every hour of reading, students will receive a coin. Coins can be cashed in for prizes from the Summer Learning Marketplace.
- Grab-&-Go Activity Packs will be available starting on Monday of each week until gone. These are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can pick up activity packs during open hours. Supplies may be limited.
- Extra reading logs will be kept at the Summer Learning Station near the children’s room.
- The last day to turn in logs to library staff is Saturday, August 12. The top readers will be notified the following week.
- Grand prizes and certificates will be awarded on Thursday, August 24 during the Square Dance Celebration at Montour Falls Farmers Market. The party will run from 5:30pm-7pm. Come hang out with all three libraries, listen to live music, and eat yummy food!
- If you cannot attend, please make arrangements to pick up prizes and certificates during library open hours. All participants will receive a completion certificate at the end of the program.
How to Register
- Registration for the Summer Learning Program will begin June 15 and close July 8.
- Call the library during open hours (607) 535-2346.
- Send us a Facebook Message that includes: First & Last Name of the student(s), age, contact phone number, and email address (optional).
- Send us an email at email@example.com that includes: First & Last Name of the student(s), age, contact phone number, and email address (optional).
- Parents/guardians are required to fill out a consent form and return it to the library. This form includes emergency contact numbers, allergies, etc. A printable copy of this form can be found below.
- Students can pick up their SLP folders starting July 1.