The Watkins Glen Public Library is excited to announce the 2022 Summer Learning Program! This six week program will run from July 5th through August 13th. Our 2022 program is a hybrid of both in-person and grab-&-go activities. In-person activities will take place on Wednesdays at 3:00pm, unless otherwise noted. Please see below for more information. Printable copies of reading logs are available at the bottom. Follow us on Facebook to track our Summer Learning special events and updates!
Registration begins June 15th!
- Students are not required to attend in-person programs or participate in the grab-and-go activities. The only requirement is that students track how many hours and total books they read between July 5 and August 13.
- What counts? Books, audiobooks, and graphic novels all count towards your goal! For every hour of reading, students will receive a coin. Coins can be cashed in for prizes from the Summer Learning Marketplace.
- Grab-&-Go Activity Packs will be available starting on Monday of each week until gone. These are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can pick up activity packs during open hours. Supplies may be limited.
- Extra reading logs will be kept at the Summer Learning Station near the children’s room.
- The last day to turn in logs to library staff is Saturday, August 13. The top readers will be notified the following week to pick up their grand prizes.
- All participants will receive a completion certificate at the end of the program.
How to Register
- Registration for the Summer Learning Program will begin June 15th and close July 4th.
- Call the library during open hours (607) 535-2346.
- Send us a Facebook Message that includes: First & Last Name of the student(s), age, a contact phone number, and email address (optional).
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes: First & Last Name of the student(s), age, a contact phone number, and email address (optional).
- Parents/guardians are required to fill out a consent form and return to the library. This form includes emergency contact numbers, allergies, etc. A printable copy of this form can be found below. You will also receive a copy in your student’s SLP folder.
- Once registered, students may pick up their SLP folder at the library.